– How can individuals/organizations help limit our dependence on fossil fuel vehicles in WNC?”
– How do you get to work?
– Do you feel that public transportation in Asheville is adequate? How are we doing on the “Asheville Redefines Transit” slogan? (ART bus line)
– “Power of Community”, the experience of Cuba during the oil embargo
– free ourselves from car dependence
– zip cars, city car sharing option; rent for a few hours
– public transit is not frequent or reliable; no public transit where I live
– intentional communities can provide equity in terms of transport for medicine, food, etc.
– Shift mind set from “me” to “we”, and out of consumer mindframe.
– consider 12-seater electric powered vans
– we need more sidewalks and bide lanes
– look into plasma energy (Keshe Foundation) being used in Italy, China, and Ghana
Where to get involved:
– City’s Transit Commission
– Bike & Pedestrian Task Force
– EV (Electric Vehicle) Club
– Car pooling, ride-sharing